Loading...

The King of Pop, the A(H1N1) Scare and Death

Three weeks ago, when the outbreak of A(H1N1) in UP Diliman has just ignited, I belong to the bandwagon of the paranoids - thinking I'll...

Three weeks ago, when the outbreak of A(H1N1) in UP Diliman has just ignited, I belong to the bandwagon of the paranoids - thinking I'll die in days because I had all the symptoms of the swine flu well except for diarrhea. I can't lift my body up from my bed. Everything's warm and moisty. A feeling you really wouldn't wanna be in.

I was too scared to die. Too scared that I even contacted my brother to fetch me and bring me to the infirmary. That thing ended to a fight; he left me after he had eaten his lunch. I continued to go to the hospital all by myself.

Fortunately, it's just the normal flu.

Just last Friday, Michael Jackson fans around the globe mourned as the news of his death was released in headlines in news programs and blogs around the world. A shocking death of probably the most powerful and influential artist in the recent past.

I grew up listening to my brother's casette tapes, him mimicking the King of Pop's moves. I always fancy seeing him making moonwalks and electrifying dances, he's practing to perform to highschool programs. Back then, at an early age of six or seven, I find Michael Jackson as an icon. He has probably made a significant impact in the music industry and has been an inspiration to a lot of artists we are seeing right now in the country and worldwide. I hope that the Michael Jackson autopsy would be released sooner. Wala lang, usisero lang.

Well, its not new to me or you that the AH1N1 influenza is currently pestering the world and just recently, a Filipina had died of it. Around five hundred has the disease already with almost a hundred schools suspending their classes. As of the moment, the DOH was not able to control the transmission of disease since the locations and connections of the different cases were far from each other. I hope there won't be any more deaths due to this epidemic.

Oh well, the school days are here and I am still on chillax mode. Organizational work, plus work eats my time a lot recently. I enjoy these things. I'm dying of boredom with tons of engineering readings and problems to be solved. I'm dying of pain and lack of appreciation from the ones who I care about. It feels cold to wait desperately for someone whom I want to call me to be by her side. Gah. This may be even more hellish than dying per se.

Now, I don't think I'm scared to die anymore. My back aches a lot lately. I wonder why I'm too tired this often. I wonder how much more pain will I get, physically, mentally, emotionally.
Swine Flu 7004613229554691888

Post a Comment

6 comments

Better Than Coffee said...

akala ko ako lang ang paranoid tungkol sa kamatayan. hindi pala. :)

michael jackson is a great loss to humanity. why did God have to create a person of great talent and not replicate him?

love,
nobe

www.deariago.com
www.iamnobe.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

ako rin paranoid. i had sore throat na sabi ay unang symptom ng H1N1. natuto tuloy ako uminom ng malunggay juice. pero in fairness nagustuhan ko naman :)

Kelvin Servigon said...

RIP Michael Jackson... :(

BTW, na-add n kita sa blogroll ko, kelvinonian.com

rsdkopeecag said...

@Nobe:
Hmm, naparanoid lang ako sa AH1N1 :) Hehe.
MJ. Hay, atleast, wala na siyang utang at cases ngayon sa court.

Will note your sites.

rsdkopeecag said...

@Rej:

I dropped by your site. You have cool thoughts, ah :)

Malunggay juice? Hmm. That sure won't taste good.

rsdkopeecag said...

@Kelvin Servigon:

Onga eh, kakahinayang si MJ. Sayang yung concert. Amp.

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo