Loading...

Sleeping Problems? Oh Come On.

This happened a couple of days ago, when my teacher in ME 63 told us that we're gonna be having our 4th Long Exam the next day, even if ...



This happened a couple of days ago, when my teacher in ME 63 told us that we're gonna be having our 4th Long Exam the next day, even if we haven't discussed the topic (unsteady state, unsteady flow or USUF) to be covered in the exam.


I was panicking; that day, the ES 12 exam hasn't been rescheduled yet to Monday and its schedule is supposed to be today. So technically, I would have to maximize my time tor ES 12, ME 63 and ES 1 --- all exams scheduled one after another.

I made my homework in ES 21; I summarized my notes so that I won't be worrying much of it, since our teacher said the exam will benext Wednesday. Then, I wrote articles for the UPDOSTSA newsletter, a sample letter for the Brain MEsh. I also conceptualized the program format and schedule for the affair (since I am the coordinator for the event). All of these are due the next day, mind you.

It took me until 10 to 11 pm to finish all the paper works so I moved on to solving problems in my ES 12 book. This subject requires much time and it has been my daily routine to answer at least three problems --- even if a lot of the questions, I couldn't answer easily or I couldn't answer at all.

Around 12:30, I decided to open my ME 63 book and answer the problem set the teacher gave us. I have nothing to worry since I have read the coverage earlier that day. I just need some time to answer the five challenging questions she gave us. I wouldn't want to rely on the solutions manual of the book, since it won't give me much learning. So I strove hard to answer the problems, I actually did --- four of them I answered correctly, when I checked the solutions. Until it was already 2 am and all my roommates were asleep --- or so as I think.

My choosy and most of all sensitive roommate, we will name Mons, was still awake. Apparently, he can't sleep with the lights turned on. And so explains why he's been so magalaw and balisa when I thought he was sleeping already. Though at times, he's going out of the room, I thought, to take a pee. But it seems like he's bursting in anger because I'm still up, he can't sleep because I'm using the lights.

This is the lamest problem I have encountered with a roommate. He then murmured things such as bwisit and nakakainis. He punches the wall quite a few times. He makes the dabog sound. It was really really rude. I stayed silent so that he won't be triggered into doing something more violent.

All I was hoping is for him to stop his childish acts and let me do my thing so that I can finish onto the fifth problem and as per his wishes, I can turn off the lights.

The scene's not new to me anymore. He always does that. If his rules weren't manifested, we get to have this "love letter" along with his ugly (and when I say ugly --- I mean ugly!) handwriting, full of rants and pleads as if we've been so inconsiderate for the nth time to him.

Part of his letter: "I need my sleep! Maging considerate ka naman..." yada yada yada. This is only the third time that it happened, or fourth time? And the first time it happened after the last one, last month when he told me to do my stuff earlier --- for the nth time. I've been considerate enough the past weeks since I don't have a busy load but hell does he care if I turn the lights on. He's not the only one living in the room. I have a fourths share of it, and his wish that if I exceed the 12 MN limit that I go to the lobby so that he can sleep --- and me uncomfortably reviewing outside, pestered by mosquitoes and possibly --- boredom attacks = NOT REALLY AN IDEAL SITUATION for someone who's cramming for an unannounced examination the next day.

I won't let him bully me. I have this feeling that he can't sleep because he's more focused on bugging me and wanting the lights turned off rather than him concentrating, covering his eyes with his mattress, and trying to sleep. I have been tolerant enough.

I vow not to obey all his rules. I can accept some --- but he cannot put me in a position that won't make me or my other roommates be comfortable, in our own room.

Can't he just mind his own business? If he studies outside or inside, the hell I care, as much as he won't whistle when I'm still asleep (correction: when my other two roommates and I are still asleep), as long as he won't bang the door everytime he goes out of the room, as long as he won't drop his kitchen utensils in a padabog manner after he eats his breakfast and we're still asleep, 'cause its much more annoying than just having the lights turned on.

These issues aren't really big of a deal. Its not even worthy of the space I allotted here, but I just have to rant in his doings, I can't let it pass. He's not the boss, as he thinks he is.

------------
To YOU:

You're no baby. If you're spoiled, then you have to straighten up things and face the reality. You can't always expect for people to do everything as you want. You can't expect us to attend your scheduled general clean-up 'cause we're much more of the "kapag natripan maglinis, tara linis tayo" type of persons. We clean our places regularly naman. Kung OC ka, 'wag mo kami idamay. When our place looks messy, it means that we're too busy and we can't find time to clean up the mess. If we have time, then we will. Relatively, our room looks like new pa nga, unlike other rooms, when I enter, sobrang makalat.

Most of all, as you said, we are old enough to clean our own mess. So, we don't need you nagging us to clean our places 'cause we will --- when we find time. I always try to make it less irritating to your eyes but you're too OC talaga and its hard to keep up with someone who has set the standards already; and won't really consider your reasons, even if given a valid explanation.

---------

If he doesn't like what he's seeing, he has the option to leave the dormitory OR ask the OSH for him to transfer rooms. As long as I and my other roommates are in good terms, on the same views as to what should be implemented within the premises of our room --- I'm good, we're good; without someone like him who rants a lot, dictates a lot, shouts a lot, dribbles a lot, boasts a lot and talks a lot.

Piece of advice, mind your own business! Get irritated when its uber OA na talaga and not for lame reasons like, "I can't sleep because the lights are on!”, I have valid reasons why I have to be awake until the wee hours of the morning. I am doing something relevant, not just playing DOTA. I start my work early and I don't even waste my time to play any sport --- even if I wanted to.

Either you're lucky enough, you have plenty of time for such lazing or you’re the one who’s not doing your work early and the one who has no sense of time.

The Reading Glasses 1607363795825787412

Post a Comment

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo