Loading...

Restless. Tired. Classes.

Well, classes started three weeks ago and it felt like it's a semester's work already. I have loads of things to do. Loads of articl...

Well, classes started three weeks ago and it felt like it's a semester's work already. I have loads of things to do. Loads of articles to read. Blogs to update and reviews to make. I'm quite tired from all these. Add to that, I've been working my ass off for sometime now, I have to finish thirty-two articles in two days time and I have around 10+ more to do.

I'm quite happy that I went home last Friday, since I've got time to rest. It felt like I don't have any work against my back in those four days I've been in Olongapo. The suspension of classes last Monday got me happy (though, it's because of a tragic phenomena) since I've got an extra day for myself, once again.

I've been battering myself lately. I'm reading everything I could read. If there's spare time, I'd do what's needed to be done. I don't even notice that the UP Foundation Day nor the Independence Day have passed. That's how busy things are the past weeks. And it's not even mid-semester yet. To think, we have no examinations yet but things are getting out of hand makes me frustrated, since this means I can't handle all these things at the same time. But I'm trying to get used to it, I just need to adjust a lot.

So yea, this entry's supposed to be a lot about my subjects for this semester. An overview of what they're all about, my expectations and such.

I have only one non-Engineering subject this semester and that's Anthro 10. Honestly, I don't know anything about Anthropology. As of now, my impression of this subject is that it's more of a merge or correlation of biology, history and archaeology.

What I like about this subject? There are a lot of things you'd learn inside the classroom rather than reading from the handouts, that means I don't have to spend lots of time reading about fossils and bodies and senses and all that stuffs. Yes, it's kinda interesting but I wouldn't want to allot most of my time in this subject since I have five other major ones to have my eyes on.

I am expecting a really high grade in this subject. 1.0- 1.5 perhaps.

So I thought I'm done with Math. Here comes ES 21. It's basically the application of mathematical methods in engineering. It tackles techniques and fundamental mechanisms to answer systems of equations and problems.

What I like about this subject? The methods are easy to understand. The professor gives problem assignments every week and allots lot of time in trying to input us the correct techniques to and some shortcuts to lessen the epic-long solutions of the supposed-to-be easier mechanisms in solving problems.

What I hate about this subject? It requires lots of patience, in solving. The examination is made up of four questions, each with epic-long solutions. There is also a distinct method for each of the problem that you're tasked to solve.

I'm targetting a 1.0 - 2.0 in this subject.

Next is Computer Programming, basics of C Programming specifically. ES 26 is a course to familiarize us with the C Programming language which is widely-used in our field, in mechanical engineering.

What I like about this subject? I'll be able to make a program! :) Woohoo. Ain't that great?
What I hate about it? It needs patience. That's why it's allotted six hours a week and two class days. And we're required to take the Finals.

I'm targetting a 1.0-1.5 grade on this one.

Next is ES 1. You all know I failed this drawing thing and I'm doing everything all over again. This time, I'll do everything to pass it and even ace all exams! :) Aja!

What I hate about this subject? I have classes everyday since this subject is scheduled at the "breather day" (formerly Wednesday, now Monday). And I'm taking it up once a week, but six hours a day. :)
What I like about the subject? I'm doing it all over again so I have the advantage. :)

And I'm hoping for an UNO.

I'm through with vector mechanics for Statics so now I'm taking up vector mechanics for Dynamics. These courses are critical points in our ME lives since it means a year delay upon failure of the subject. Statistically, only 30-40% of the whole ES 12 population passed, from the previous years.

What I hate about this subject? Its scheduled at siesta time and you have to be awake and alive for you to get all the information needed to solve the problems to be given to you. It's a really hard subject so it is really necessary for students to solve at least two to three problems a day.

What I like about this subject? Our professor's taking time to teach us the techniques and all aspects in solving the problems. Since our teacher give us detailed derivations and solutions, it easy for us to understand the topics.

I'm expecting a low grade but I'm targetting a 1.0-2.25 grade for ES 12.

Last, but not the least, my first ME major! The introductory ME course and the gateway to my chosen career! ME 63. It's all about thermodynamics.

What I hate about this subject? None really, besides that you have to rely on tables at the back of the book to answer problems.
What I like about this subject? The professor is really nice and she makes sure that everything's understood. I can easily comprehend the key concepts through her (which I won't be able to do, by just reading the required book).

I'm targetting an UNO but would most likely get a 2.0 or below.

Well, it's another semester to conquer. I want my scholarship back. And since I want this badly, I'll have to juggle everything without risking my health and my academics.

Can anyone give me tips on time management? I seriously need them. :)
---

Happy 100th birthday UP! In line with this, I submitted a photo for the video presentation project and here it is. This was taken our last day in Kalai. We usually do this roomhopping/sleepover thing then. And it might just be our last day to see each other so all 14 of us watched HEROES Season 1 in this room (B206) in Kalayaan Residence Hall. We slept in this room the last night of our Kalai experience. And I remember I was crying really hard the next day since we have to go. :(
Happy 112th year of independence, the Philippines!
Happy birthday to all those who celebrated their birthdays.

---

I might be going at the Buhay Coke Blogger's Party. Check out Aileen Apolo for the event.

And, I'm on Plurk. I got 20+ karma points days ago and got negatives the past day for, yea, not updating. Haven't even updated Twitter the past couple of weeks. Yes, I know I owe you an apology, cyberworld. I'm sorry.

---

That's it. And I'm out.
The Reading Glasses 877963834632350689

Post a Comment

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo