Loading...

COMMUNITY SERVICE EXPERIENCES

When I was in elementary, all we do when there are community service "thingy" is a "Clean-up Drive" We, students would a...

When I was in elementary, all we do when there are community service "thingy" is a "Clean-up Drive" We, students would act as janitors and janitresses of our barangays, and that's basically it.

When I was in Grade 5, we were engaged into a "Plant-a-Tree" program in our locality.

When I was in Grade 6, as Boy Scouts of the Philippines of James L. Gordon chapter, I was appointed to be the little City Treasurer for one day. There, I learned a lot and served the community for one day.

While I was in high school, we often have this outreach and literacy programs as part of the Hi-Y Club of our school, in joint forces with the Mathematics Scholars' Club of our school, both of which I was a member.

While I was in third year and was trained in CAT, we went to lots of places in Olongapo City to have Clean-up Drives, Outreach programs. We also spearheaded the Tree-planting activities in our school.

Last Summer 2006, when I was about to join the PTARP, we had an outreach and entertainment program for Street Children, we gave them goods and we treat them for a lunch. The feeling was overwhelming for that's the first time I have experienced that. The children were all happy and thankful. Them, calling me Kuya, was priceless.

All in all, while we offer service to the community, we were all having fun. These kinds of experiences strengthened my abilities socially, emotionally and mentally, as we have affected lives of people, and of course, our co-workers.
CWTS Geography 1791740397091597940

Post a Comment

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo