Loading...

The Emo Culture

I passed by Talksmart and saw this "Are You Emo?" post. Basically that's how these thoughts meddled my mind. I consider mysel...







I passed by Talksmart and saw this "Are You Emo?" post. Basically that's how these thoughts meddled my mind.

I consider myself as an 'emo' person. Emotive. Just like a normal fat guy you could see everywhere. I guess, I am not that typical "emo-fashion"-ed guys. Although I consider myself one. Non-conformist for the nth time. I like black. Monochromatic tastes in t-shirts and designs. Like this blog! :P I tried once to have this blog colored pink and from then on it becomes black, gray and white all the time.

Back on topic, I like the music. Need I say more? Typecast addict here. I'd want my hair styled covering half of my face, my eyes mysteriously lurking at everybody else. I have a strong personality and I don't know where I got the low self-esteem, but I always have this attitude that I can't erase. I always think I am a loser. I am such an idiot or something. I always utter the words: Sorry bobo lang kasi." It might be a product of self-pity and craving for love and affection.

I like writing verses of sadness and morbidity. I don't cut wrists. I don't attempt suicide. I don't jump at concerts. True blue emo's don't. The jumping jologs (in concerts), are they emo?


Nah. Poseurs, I guess.

I like being alone. Confined in my room, although I hang out a lot. I am not the typical emo guy and prefers to be like that. For me, there could be an emo fashion, but I use it the way I'd like it to be and not for it to overrule my own personality and principles.

I think it is more by heart, and the emotions or the way you feel at things and not by style or rather fashion. If you feel like being an emo, so be one. Don't feel its your obligation to cut wrists, slit your throat, commit suicide, wear black all the time or even get the emo haircut which I so like to have. Just be yourself. And the inner emo would show.

I don't really acknowledge the emo fashion as basis for someone's emo-ness. It never is.
And that's why there is a lot of misconception on the genre and it's descriptions or backgrounds.

You are always free to do things your own way and if you wanna be emo, you can pull it through without doing silly things like this. Yes, I say silly. :)
Typecast 6570145941275695582

Post a Comment

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo